Saturday 18 December 2010

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat review

I recently bought the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat and I thought it would be good to do a review of the product as i can't find much on it on the web.

So this is the photo i took right after it dried



The first thing I noticed about this topcoat was the really nice finish, like that of acrylic nails or professionally done gels, it looks really shiny and glossy, and makes the colour look very even.

It pretty much does what it says on the bottle, it dries fast. I think 30 seconds is a bit optimistic, but in a minute it's touch dry, but still dentable. However, in the whole scheme of things, it still dries completely in much less time as a normal topcoat, and gives a better finish so it's a winner in my books.

Also, after almost 3 days of wear, it still looks pretty good. I must say that for me, the last few days have been a lot harder on my nails than usual, and I think this topcoat definitely helped. I think after the wear and tear of school, then a party, then thoroughly cleaning my kitchen, then opening parcels and mail that my nails still look surprisingly good. There was some chipping, but i put that down to my hands being soaked on hot water while i was cleaning, then opening mail after. Before that i had no chips in the polish.



There is only one negative point i can come up with for this topcoat. That is that is causes some shrinkage to your polish. Although it's not that noticable, you can see it and while i can deal with it, i would rather do without it.

Still, that's not going to stop me from using this product, and repurchasing it when i run out, I love it and recommend it.

In the UK you can buy this topcoat from most Boots stores, and it costs £5.95 which i feel is a fair price as its quite a big bottle that will last a long time and will make your other polishes last longer too, win win :)

peace

Nikki

2 comments: