Thursday 2 December 2010

Grey nails

With all the snow we've had this week in england, i was feeling very wintery. Now to me, this kind of time isnt reds and greens, its greys, whites and silvers, gotta love the snowy colours.



So, this is the look. The thumb is the same as the first, second and little finger. I've done a 40's style half moon on all fingers, i did this using those stick on nail stencils for french manicures, although you can do the same thing with reinforcement rings that are made to stop sheets ripping out of folders. You can also do it free hand, and while this isnt a problem for me on my left hand (as im right handed) i cant do it at all with my right hand, and it ends up as a complete mess. The nail polish i used is Bourjois 1 Seconde nail polish. I can't find a name of the colour on the bottle, but it's a dark, slightly shimmery grey. It's a polish that i really like, because it has a wide brush for quicker application, and is formulated to dry in a minute- which i love as i'm always smudging my nail polish before it dries.

I'm a big fan of doing a bit of an interesting ring finger. I think that it's a nice way to get a bit of detail and effort in to what is otherwise a fairly simple manicure. On my ring finger, i used Konad plate m57 for the criss-cross pattern, and then put a cluster of rhinestones on top. I stuck them on using a top coat polish, i think this is the best way. You could use nail glue, but if you have none, a top coat does the same job just as well.

So, leave me a comment if you like the look, or if you want any more detail on it :)

Peace

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment